Table of Contents
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal where UTME and DE candidates can accept or reject their admission offer has now been opened by the management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This post covers how to Accept and Reject admission on JAMB CAPS Portal. We will be walking you through a step by step guide on how to accept or reject admission offer on the JAMB CAPS portal.
Candidates should note that once you accept the admission, your admission quest is over as you will no longer be available for other schools’ admission consideration. However, if you reject the admission, you become available to other schools for more admission consideration.
What is JAMB CAPS?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is a platform created to ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process.
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is expected to make provision for a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and ‘request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.’
How to ACCEPT and REJECT Admission Offer
- Visit JAMB portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on CAPS (on the left side of the page)
- Select ‘Admission Status’ on the left panel.
- Finally, You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
How To ACCEPT or REJECT Admission on JAMB CAPS Using Mobile Phone
Note that you can access your profile, accept and reject admission offers on your mobile device as follows:
- Firstly, go directly to caps.jamb.gov.ng
- Login with your username and password (you may see a white page)
- Now on the top right corner of the page, click the options button (Android) i.e. the ⋮ icon
- Tick ‘Desktop site‘ from the options that come out
- Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
- Click on the ‘Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to open your profile.
- Finally, accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
However, candidates who have not been admitted should frequently check their admission through the JAMB CAPS.
Finally, candidates who used “awaiting result” during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will be able to process their admission. (See how to upload result here: How to Upload O’Level Result on JAMB Portal / Profile )
Congratulation to all admitted candidates. Kindly share your success story with us in the comments section.